Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Leftover Fabric from Parker's Suprise...

Upon completing Parker's baby blanket, I had about 1/2 yard of lovely soft velveteen fabric couldn't let it go to waste. After some debateing I decided to try my hand at making a "taggie" blanket.

Of corse I did not just want to make a little blankie, I had to make it a little extra special! I took 1/4" ribbon and pinned it on to spell out Parker's name.

Then I made a running stitch (by hand) aver the ribbon, like so...

When I finished with the stitching, I was really happy with the results... here is a picture of the pre-stitched full name. You can see all the colorful pins poking out!

Next, I addeed some ribbon around the edge (yes, I had to do so in a pattern-it is the teacher in me coming through). At first I was just going to use the light pink polkadot and the dark pink sattin (left over from edging Parker's blanket), but I was not satisfied with the look of it, So I searched through my sewing basket and found some dark pink fabric with white polka dots, sewed it up, and cut it like the ribbon.

I pinned all the ribbon to the right facing part of the fabric, then pinned the two right facing pieces together. I sewed around the edge to the last few inches.

I turned it right-side out and stitched up the last few inches.

Absolutely lovely! I forsee myself making more of these in the future!

Here is a picture of Sami holding the tiny baby Parker! So cute!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment